There may be no project in Benchmark’s history that highlights the company’s wide-ranging capabilities better than the Wheaton Sanitary District’s Northside Interceptor Replacement. Over a decade in the making, the project was put out to bid by the WSD in July of 2020. Bids were read in September of that same year, with a formal notice of award given to Benchmark in February of 2021. The Wheaton Sanitary District operates in Chicago’s west suburbs, treating wastewater for over 63,000 customers spread over 9,000 acres. Benchmark has a long-standing relationship with the District and is grateful to have been awarded the project based on its low bid. Some highlights of the project include the following:
- Almost 16,000 LF of Open Cut Sanitary Sewer, Some of it Almost 30’ Deep
- Several Thousand Feet of Trenchless Sewer Installation
- Cured-In-Place Pipe Rehabilitation
- In Situ Manhole Rehabilitation
- Full-Width Roadway Reconstruction
- Coordination with Residents, Schools, & Medical Facilities
All of the above are core competencies offered by Benchmark to its many satisfied clients. Here’s looking forward to a great job!